Monday, March 14, 2016

Salmon Avocado Salad

I love going out to eat. Usually this means I'm not on my couch and am socializing with friends so that's a plus but I also love trying something new that someone else has prepared for me. So I usually try to get something that I wouldn't make at home. Salmon is something I make all the time so when I go out and find myself thinking "ooo the salmon looks good", I have to take a minute to decide if I really want salmon or something new and exciting.

I had this salad at a local restaurant recently and decided to give it a go because although it had salmon, it had avocado, bacon and goat cheese which I wouldn't normally pair with salmon. Technically, this was a Cobb salad but I asked for no egg (that was pushing the mixing limits) so not a Cobb salad anymore.

Making this at home, I stripped it down to the bones: salmon, avocado, goat cheese. So simple and yet so delicious. I roasted the salmon in the oven like I would normally do but then added it to a bed of spinach. The last step, the day of consumption, was adding the avocado and goat cheese. I warmed the salad up in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften the cheese and warm the salmon to perfection.

Personally, I was fine eating this without a dressing but it was originally served with a honey mustard vinaigrette. Adding this to my meal rotation is an easy thing to do since it just requires baking the salmon and then assembling. Go!


No comments:

Post a Comment