Friday, April 8, 2016

Protein Waffle for One

I love waffles. Growing up, my dad would make big Belgium waffles on Sundays, complete with Cool Whip, strawberries and a hefty side of bacon. Doused in syrup, it was a kid's dream. For my birthday this year, I decided I wanted a waffle for breakfast but felt guilty just thinking about the loaded version of my youth. So I did some research (aka: trolled Pinterest) and found a recipe for protein-packed waffles.

This waffle recipe was extremely easy which is good because trying to make complicated breakfast first thing in the morning is dangerous. It also had the perfect amount of batter for one full waffle without making a ragged edge or over-flowing the waffle iron.

A ripe banana, two eggs, almonds and protein powder are blended in a food processor. The end. That's all. Pour into your waffle iron (mix in blueberries or chocolate chips if desired) and cook to perfection.


I used chocolate protein powder because chocolate but you could pick your favorite!

Recipe
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup protein powder
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Handful of blueberries or chocolate chips, if desired
  1. Preheat your waffle iron according to its instructions. 
  2. In a food processor, blend the banana, eggs, protein powder, almonds and vanilla.
  3. Gently stir the fixins into your waffle batter.
  4. Lightly grease the waffle iron and pour batter into the center and allow to spread evenly.
  5. Cook until golden brown.
  6. Top with fresh fruit and maple syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment